Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Indian Summer

Not much has been happing here. Last week it was cold and nasty. But this week it has turned nice out. Yesterday it got up into the high 60’s and today it was into the 70’s. I’ll take this kind of weather any day. I try to get in about 3 miles a day. Monday it rained all day so I didn’t walk. Yesterday and today I did the three miles. Today I went a little farther. I ended up walking around the cemetery up the road from us. I checked out some of the monument there. The newer ones are quite pretty.  People put scenes of trees, lakes and even houses on them. But I like the older monuments that are quite tall. I recognized quite a few of the names of a lot of families that live in this area. Some people don’t like going to cemeteries but I think it is ok in the day time. My sister Lois was telling me about some of the people that live in her complex went to a cemetery at night around Halloween to see if they could see any ghosts. Well I guess they didn’t see any. It reminded Lois and I of the time when her husband, Don, took our mother to the cemetery to put flowers on Dad’s grave. While walking around the area he stepped in a hole. My mother said that his face turned white as a sheet. I guess he though for a moment that somebody was pulling him into a grave.

The next couple of days if it stays nice like this I want to do some fall cleaning. I have to wash the windows. The screens are so dusty that when the sun shines in they look terrible. I want to get it looking nice so when Jerry’s niece Donna comes it looks nice. She is flying in from Colorado on the 30th. I have to pick her up at the airport in Albany. She is staying here the first night. After that I guess she is staying at some of her other relatives and friends homes.

We will be staying here until after Donna leaves on the ninth of Dec. Then we will be headed south.

No comments:

Post a Comment