Monday, August 16, 2010

Home Again

Well, we are home again. We made the trip to Florida alright.

We left Monday around 6:00. We had breakfast in Milford at Jackie’s place. We try to get there for breakfast if we are going that way. We went down 88 to Binghamton and got on 81. At Winchester, VA we got on 17 south to Fredericksburg. We then went south on 95 and drove 812 miles. We made it to just over the border in South Carolina. We stayed overnight in Dillon, SC. We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and got to the mobile about 2:30. We unloaded the truck and checked the place over. Everything seemed to be OK. In front of the mobile there is a bush I though was some kind of pineapple bush. Now I don’t know what it is. Here is a picture of it with odd looking fruit on it.


The bunch on the plant is green and there were small orange ones on the ground.

Here’s a picture of mobile.




That’s Jerry talking to his brother in law Bill and a neighbor.

We left there about 4:30 and drove to Starke, Fl and had dinner in a little diner called Granny's we stopped to before and had dinner. We then drove to Richmond Hill, Ga to stay the night. We got to Brenda’s on Thursday about 3:00. Jerry did a few things for Brenda that she needed to get done. We all went out to Olive Garden for dinner.

The next morning we left about 6:00 and had breakfast in Culpepper in a diner that we always stop at on way home. Coming home we go through the back country by taking route 522 up through Virginia to Winchester. In Winchester we pick up 81 again and go the rest of the way home as we came down.

In West Va we stopped at the Charlestown Race Track. We wanted to check it out to see if they had table games yet. They had the table games but the table limits were to high for us. We don’t mind playing if they are $5 or $10 but they started at $15 and up.  If I’m winning I will raise my bet but I don’t like to start playing that high. You can go through a lot of money that way. So we didn’t stay to long.

When we got back on the road we decided to stop at Mohegan Sun at the Pocono Downs. We stayed there a couple of hours. Jerry played Three Card Poker. I wanted to play but the Let It Ride game was full so I played a few slots. I did pretty good.

By the time we left the casino it was about 9:00 and we couldn’t find a hotel room so we drove all the way home. We got home about 1:00 in the morning on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment