Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hot Weather to Cold Weather

Well, our hot weather didn’t last long. Friday was half way decent. It was in the middle 70s. I got some rose bushes from Jerry’s niece, so I started to plant them. We made another flower bed. This one is along the drive way going into our place. Jerry tilled up the dirt and we planted the rose bushes plus some lilies. I have no idea what they will look like until they come back next year. We got the black plastic down but we had to get more mulch.

We went out to dinner Friday night at the Olympic Diner in Amsterdam. Jerry had macaroni & cheese and I had their broiled haddock. We both enjoyed our meal, although I like Winner’s Circle’s broiled haddock better.

Saturday morning we went back to Amsterdam to get more mulch. After we put it down we decided to get some edging blocks to put around it. I would work a little on it and it would start to rain. Then I’d put everything away and the sun would come out. I did that twice and the last time I called it quits for the day.

After that we left to go to a football game at Colgate College with Arlene and Gary. Last year we went to all their home games and so this year we plan to go to some of them. Colgate played  Monmouth. Colgate won 30 to 29. It was a good game put Colgate almost lost it. They were ahead quite a bit in first half and then Monmouth started playing better. But Colgate ended up the winner.  It looked like it was going to rain all night. It held off but it was cold.

Sunday, we went to the races at Saratoga for the last time this year. I won the first race but then I went downhill from there. Jerry had some winner. Terry and Jackie didn’t do so good. It was supposed to be in the high 60 but I dough if it got into the high 50’s. We were all dressed in several sweaters and jackets. But we had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment